Galatians 1 (#2): Trust in God Alone!


 Verse 12: I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.


◇ Paul received the call of Jesus on his way to Damascus, repented, and became an apostle of the Lord. Afterward, he lived as a missionary for the Gentiles and eventually died as a martyr. As an apostle to the Gentiles, Paul relied solely on Jesus, who called him from the beginning. He put his hope only in Jesus.


Paul, who was called to the Gentiles, did not consult his parents or siblings. He did not consult his teachers or friends. He did not even consult the other apostles. Instead, he sought God first. He went to the wilderness of Arabia, where he spent time alone with God. Through that time, he must have gained confidence in his calling. He must have gained the assurance to let go of everything he had built up until then and to have a greater hope. Afterward, Paul went to meet the other apostles.


Psalm 62:5: Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.


Like the song of the Psalms, Paul looked only to God. He received hope from God alone.


♧ Lord, you alone are my fortress, my rock, and my salvation. Help me to look only to you! Holy Spirit, lead me in truth!