2 Corinthians 13 (#2): Examine Yourselves!


Verse 5: 

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?


◇ Everyday life is a continuous affirmation of my being a Christian. Sadly, I often fail more than I succeed in affirming my Christianity. I know God's heart and Jesus's teachings, yet I fail to apply them when the occasion arises in my life. 

I resign myself each time. Well, I'm only human, I can't help it. Then I open the Bible again. I pray. I am aware of my reality and feel ashamed, but still, I hope for a time when I can affirm my faith. I open the Bible and pray. When I open the Bible and pray again, I feel that Jesus is within me and the Holy Spirit is guiding me. The reason I don't give up even when I stumble is not because of my own ability, but because Jesus is within me and the Holy Spirit is guiding me.


♧ God, even though I often fail to affirm my faith, I am grateful that you mercifully hold on and lead me. Holy Spirit, please guide me in truth.