1 Kings 20: You will know that I am the Lord


Verse 13:
A prophet approached Ahab king of Israel and said, "This is what the Lord says: 'Do you see this vast army? I will give it into your hand today, and you will know that I am the Lord.'"

◇ King Ben-Hadad of Aram allied with 31 other kings to besiege Samaria. Overwhelmed by the might of the Aramean coalition, King Ahab lacked the courage to fight. It was at this time that a prophet of the Lord came to King Ahab, bringing a message from God. He was told not to be dismayed by the great multitude, for God would defeat them and reveal that He is the true God.

We often become intimidated by great multitudes and fail to even start the fight, succumbing to fear and giving up before the battle has begun. God does not want us to be this way. The size of the multitude, whether great or small, is not important to God.

King Ahab sent out 232 officers of the provincial commanders and 7,000 troops. They defeated the Aramean army, and while Ben-Hadad and his kings were celebrating with drinking, they fled in defeat.

"You will know that I am the Lord!"

♧ Lord, let me not focus on my insignificance, as small as a locust! Help me to see You, the Lord God, who is with me! Let me see the Lord who grants victory! Holy Spirit, lead me in the path of truth!