1 John 2 (#3): Who is the Antichrist?

1 John 2 (#3)  
Who is the Antichrist?


29 If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him.

◇ It seems to have been during high school. There were posters on the street with provocative phrases and pictures. "Rapture, 666, Antichrist, Daniel's Prophecy." Out of curiosity and fear, I decided to attend. Although I don't remember the details now, it didn't capture my heart. Even after that, such books were popular for a while in Christian bookstores.

The Antichrist is not a special being with the appearance of a terrifying monster. It can appear beautiful, kind, and charming. The Antichrist cannot be identified by appearance but by "what is he doing?" An outwardly splendid and impressive person who obstructs and hinders God's work is the Antichrist. Even Peter, who blocked Jesus' path to the cross at one moment, could be considered the Antichrist. If I am obstructing God's work, then I too could be the Antichrist.

If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him. (verse 29)

♧ God, make me a person who does your righteousness. Lead me not to be someone who obstructs the Father's work. Holy Spirit, guide me in truth. Amen.