2 John 1: Walking in Truth

2 John 1
Walking in Truth


4. It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us.
5. And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another.

◇ I once heard a young foreigner refer to An Jung-geun as a terrorist. I remember being so angry that I passionately argued back in a language I wasn't very fluent in.

To someone who only sees the fact that he threw a bomb, An Jung-geun might appear to be a terrorist. However, to those who understand why he threw the bomb, who his target was, and the context of his actions, he would not be labeled as such. He was a man who sacrificed his life for a higher cause.

Living in various situations, knowing the truth is a blessing. And if we live according to that truth, there is no greater happiness.

How many people live misunderstanding, distorting, and not truly knowing the truth? And even those who know the truth, how many are unable to live by it due to various circumstances?

♧ God, help us not to misunderstand or distort your will with narrow-mindedness. Make us people who know and act rightly. Make us teachers who teach correctly. Holy Spirit, guide us in truth! Amen.